Joining GreenCoin is easy. We are registering new members that currently own the any of the following renewable production assets:
- A PV Solar electrical generation system that is tied directly to the grid, and has a registered meter
- An onshore wind electrical generation system that is grid-tied and has a registered meter.
- On a case by case basis we are also accepting non-gird tied electrical generation systems and small, home biofuel production projects.
If you already own or participate in one of these systems, simply go to the sign-up page and register. In addition to your name and address, you will need the following documentation (don't worry, we will guide you through in the registration process):
- A document showing the registration of your renewable production system (with meter number)
- Identification. If the address on the ID does not match the registration document a utility bill will also be required.
- We encourage you to upload a few pictures of your renewable system for fun and being able to share with other community members.
- A GreenCoin payment address. This is the exact location we send your GreenCoin digital assets to. Don't worry, we will walk you through this process!
- If you are a member of a community solar project we will need verification of your ownership percent directly from the project administrator.