Last Updated: September 10, 2014
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, government issued identification number (e.g., driver's license number, passport number, etc.), and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information:We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer [or mobile device] you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Verify your identity;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations of such transactions;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by the Foundation and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link to, or combine, with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
The Foundation is based in the United States and the information we collect is processed in the United States.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Foundation or others;
- With third parties for their own services and marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by emailing email@example.com.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our services to another foundation, company, or entity; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
The Foundation takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business or Foundation purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from the Foundation by following the instructions in those emails or text messages or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as relating to your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mail: Corporation Service Company, c/o GreenCoin Foundation, 2711 Centerville Rd, Suite 400, Wilmington, DE, 19808, USA